Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sawatdii khrap!

Well, here I am, in Thailand. You know, the land of the Thai's. Things have been pretty busy for us volunteers, basically trying to assimilate into our new surroundings without looking like stupid farangs. I feel like anything I say has been said in other Peace Corps Thailand blogs and what I have to add is nothing original. So, until I've got a true Thai experience to share, I'm leaving anyone who's following this blog on pins and needles. Don't fret, I'm sure it wont be long.

As far as Peace Corps itself goes, we've been on the lamb for a week now and my group is beginning to bond considerably. I mean, we do all look different from everyone else. Not that its a bad thing, but it's only natural to gravitate towards familiarity.

One last thing, I've got a cell phone but I'd rather not post it on my blog, so if you want it, drop me an email at mrtonybones@gmail.com and I'll make sure I give it to you. It's incredible just how connected I am. Pictures will be up soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo.....

So yeah....just wanna let you know that I'm totally pumped for the journey that you're on. Now I can live life vicariously through someone else that is doing incredible things across the globe. Best Wishes. Peace.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tony...it's been great talking to you and glad to hear that you're having such a good experience so far! Dad and I are really looking forward to our trip there in November. We send our love! Stay safe...

Mom and Dad